Pages

Saturday 21 January 2017

Introduction (A build on my description)


“It’s when you move out of your comfort zone that magic begins to happen". Whether it’s starting a new job or giving your first speech, I think we all know how uncomfortable it is to do something for the first time. Whenever I felt anxious because I was doing something new, someone very close to me would remind me that magic happens when you get out of your comfort zone. I now know this to be true. When you have these experiences, there is a shift, a change from within. Actually, “change” is not a powerful enough word to describe this. It is a personal growth. I have been on this journey my entire life. A journey to explore, to learn, and to grow. The past few years of my life, I have taken a lot of chances, made a lot of changes, and I can see where failure and rejection has lead me to an even more amazing life.

I have overcome Anxiety and Obsessive-Compulsive tendencies. When I did, it was like seeing the world through new eyes (or more accurately, a new mind). For the first time in my life, I took up interests and I became passionate.  In 2015, I graduated with an honorary degree in Psychology and Sociology. I currently work as a Child and Youth Care Worker and in the spring, I will be working on a Masters in Counselling Psychology. I want to help people with similar issues and I want to let them know they are not alone.  I want to let these people know that there is a beautiful and abundant life waiting for them when they move out of the darkness that is mental illness.

Spirituality has been a crucial component in shaping the life and beliefs I currently have. Outside of yoga and meditation, I am also a plant-based eater. I love travelling, art, and education. I am even interested in paranormal and extraterrestrial phenomena. Therefore, the topics of my blogs will vary widely to accommodate all my interests.  There will be a common theme among my posts and that is to share my life lessons, to allow others to laugh at my mishaps, and to inspire people to take chances and explore. I plan to do that by being an example. In addition to inspiring others, I write be reminded of my own journey and thus inspire myself.
when I refer to myself as an awakened youth, I do not mean that I have reached a state of enlightenment. I mean that I am more awake than what I was 5 years ago and five more years, I hope I am more awake than what I am today. Awakened physically, mentally, emotional, and spiritually. For me, there is no end goal. My life is a work in progress.

I look forward to posting and I look forward to inspiring.

Sincerely,

Confessions on an Awakened Youth


I took this picture in the town where I grew up. I just thought I'd share : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

How To Increase Your Frequency

Hey guys. I hope this blog finds you well. Today I am writing about how to raise your vibrational frequency. If you are unsure what this me...