Pages

Saturday 8 April 2017

Have you ever asked the Universe for a direction?

Have you ever asked the Universe for a direction?

I’m going to tell you a story about an experience I recently had. I applied to do my Masters in Counselling Psychology in January. I was confident. This was my path, I was ready, and I will be accepted into the program. I had my first lot of good news. I got a call from a faculty member for an interview. Great. I was on my way. Some time passed. Then a lot of time and I still never heard anything. I knew registration was soon and I had a bad feeling. I emailed someone from the program asking about my admission status. She thanked me for applying and then “with regret” informed me that I have not been accepted. A letter stating that I have not been accepted into the program came in the mail a day or two later. I had an electronic and a physical copy of my rejection. Nice.

Unable to get a hold of my emotions, I went in the bathroom and called my Mother and told her what happened. I sat on the bathroom floor and cried. After about 20 minutes of this, a voice came into my head. It was my own voice. I told myself to get off the bathroom floor, dry my tears, and show some gratitude. I still have a good paying job, I still have a house and car, I still have my family and health. To this day, I’m still amazed and how quickly I got back on my feet. (More on that another time.)

I reminded myself of a couple of things: first, the universe has a plan for me and I needed to believe in this always, especially in the face of “failure” or “rejection”. Second, this situation was the Universe telling me “not now” or “there is something better”. What I mean is that there are no failures and rejections. The Universe has a plan for everyone and it will happen when the time is right, when you least expect it. Also, that plan is going to be just as good, and probably even better, than what you initially had in mind.

Faith and patience is key.

The thought of this set back being part of the Universe’s plan for me made me feel… reborn. I began feeling as though I had a fresh start. I began excited to explore what the Universe has in store me.

I learned a few things from this experience that I wanted to share. They are important. I believe they can be life changing.

1. Failure and rejection does not exist

They are simply learning experiences that everyone endures on their journey. We might not understand the life lessons or reasons behind them right away. We may never understand. But they are there to teach us and to guide us.

2. Have an attitude of gratitude

We have tendency of being happy when things are going our way and feeling crabby and cheated when they don’t. I’m not saying you shouldn’t feel disappointed or sad at times. Those are natural human emotions and you reserve the right to express them. But I dare you to express thanks and gratitude even when it seems like your world is falling apart. You will be amazed at the strength this can give you.

3. The Universe may say “not now” or “there is something else”

This may sound cliché to some and rubbish to others. But I believe it to be true. The Universe is on your side. If you are on some path (to find love, a dream job, etc.), and you believe that it will happen, the Universe will guide you to it.

Currently, I’m feeling lost and I’m unsure what path to follow. I’m not even sure what my options are. So, I recently shifted my thinking. Instead of saying “I want a dream job”, “I want to get accepted into this program”, I simply asked the Universe for a direction. I’m confident that it will not disappoint. I urge you to do the same.

May you feel blessed, may you find happiness.

Sending you (and myself) positive vibes,


Ang

2 comments:

  1. I needed this article right now. I am going through a lot of changes in my career and uncertain of the direction. I need to remember that all things happen for a reason and just because what I was expecting to happen did not happen, that means it was not right for me right now. Something better is going to happen. This was a good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad I reminded you of that! We need to make peace with and find joy in our set backs and "failures". It's only going to lead us to a better life. Just remember to believe that and keep going.

      Thanks for the read and comment.

      Delete

How To Increase Your Frequency

Hey guys. I hope this blog finds you well. Today I am writing about how to raise your vibrational frequency. If you are unsure what this me...