Pages

Wednesday 5 July 2017

How To Stay Motivated: Quick Fix Entry #1

You get really inspired. You start that new hobby or diet or whatever it may be. It lasts a couple weeks. Then you fall off the wagon. Hard. You choose couch time over your hobby or popcorn and chocolate instead of the healthy snacks you recently purchased.

If this is you I can assure you that you are not alone. I'm like it as well. I stop eating healthy, meditating, doing yoga, or drawing. It could be anything at any point in time.

So then why does most everyone "fall of the wagon" at some point.

I think there are an infinite amount of reasons for this. It all depends on the circumstance, the individual, and a whole host of other variables.

I have been paying attention to when I fall off the wagon and what motivates me to start again. Actually, I'm just now getting motivated for the first time in a couple a weeks. And what prompted this sudden motivation? Watching new (to me) YouTube videos about some of my favorite topics which gave me new insight and even new recipes.

That gave me a realization.

I'm willing to bet that a contributing factor to lack of motivation for many is boredom.

Let's just say your relatively new healthy morning routine looks like this: You wake up at 9 a.m. and you drink lemon water. Then you get a shower and do some yoga. After yoga, you make a smoothie and you drink it while responding to emails. You done this every morning for the past 2 weeks. Same yoga routine and all. After a couple of weeks, you find yourself sleeping in, grabbing some quick to eat, and passing the morning on Facebook or Instagram.

If something like this has ever happened to you and you are struggling to get back on the wagon, there could be an easy fix to it.

Simply change your routine. Incorporate a walk into your morning; try a different yoga routine; drink tea or coffee instead of or in addition to water.

Feeling bored can lead to loss of motivation. Add something novel to your routine to spice it up again and get motivated.

I hope this helps.

Let me know what you do to stay motivated!

Ang



I'm thinking of adding a series in blogs like this one that are quick fixes to common problems. I have a couple of more in mind for motivation but I plan to expand and make them about anything. :)

I have a good reason for you to stay motivated! Check out my blog on 6 things that happen to you when you live your life purpose:

https://confessionsofanawakenedyouth.blogspot.ca/2017/06/6-things-that-happen-when-you-live-your.html

Check out my previous blog if you struggle with feeling beautiful:

https://confessionsofanawakenedyouth.blogspot.ca/2017/07/read-this-if-you-struggle-with-feeling.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

How To Increase Your Frequency

Hey guys. I hope this blog finds you well. Today I am writing about how to raise your vibrational frequency. If you are unsure what this me...