Pages

Thursday 18 May 2017

How To Enjoy Your Trip To The Fullest

I have been having a deep desire to travel this past couple of years. I have had a couple of dreams recently that I was going to England and Germany. I'm currently looking into going somewhere within the next few months.

Traveling is also very daunting. Especially when you are going solo or with people who are not experienced travelers. Last May, me and my brother, out of almost no where, booked a flight and accommodations to go to California. Naturally, when the date of our flight got closer, I became worried and I wondered if I made a mistake. Should we have went with more people? Are we safe? How will we get around? What if we get lost? Should we have waited for a better time?

Let me tell you. If you have the money and resources to travel, there will never be a better time. Yes, it is intimidating but it is also an incredible learning experience and an opportunity for growth. It's always a matter of perspective.

Looking back on my visit major excursion, I made a couple of mistakes. Not mistakes that made me regret my trip. More like, mistakes that held me back from enjoying my trip to the fullest. I will definitely keep these "mistakes" is mind next time I travel. But for now, I would like you to read them. I hope they resonate within you and help you make the most of your next trip (and life, in general).

1. Go With The Flow

While it's important to have a plan (i.e., places you would like to see, the hotel you are going to stay), try not to obsess over every detail. This can take you out of being in the moment and that is kind of the opposite of a vacation or get-away, in my opinion. As long as you are being safe, have a cell phone, and a GPS or map, don't be afraid to get "lost". Explore a little. You will never know what you may find. These make the best stories and memories!

2. Try Not To Feel Out Of Place

When I first arrived in the Los Angeles, I felt that everyone was looking at me thinking "there's a Canadian girl here". This can be especially so if you do not look like the people around you. Which made me feel more vulnerable when I was in Korea Town. In actuality, no one is judging you and who cares if they do. These feelings only prevented me from truly enjoying the moment. Be confident in yourself and have fun. And ask yourself what your reaction would be if you say a tourist where you are from. I'm sure it would not be a negative reaction.

3. Don't Be Afraid To Make Mistakes

The general routine in California is much different than where I'm from. I was scared I would make a mistake and look like I was being disrespectful and I felt stupid if I asked a question. Not only did this stop me from doing things that I would have liked to do, it also took me from the present moment. Don't worry to much if you make a mistake or need to ask a question. If you do this you are really making the most of your trip, in my opinion.

4. Do Not Be So Obsessed With Time

I was always so afraid we were going to miss our bus. Because of this, we ended up leaving some places before we really had the chance to explore them. Is it really a big deal if you miss a bus? There will always be another. A cabs are readily available as well. Breathe. Take your time. Explore and enjoy.

With all that being said, it's still important to be a smart traveler. Plan and prepare well in advanced. Have a taxi number in your phone. Don't go anywhere alone at night. And if something doesn't feel right, don't do it. But there is a difference between being unsafe and being obsessive.

These suggestions are based on my experience of one recent trip. I'm sure I could easily write an updated or revised list after another experience.

I hope this helps.

I wish you a wonderful vacation :)

Ang


This is when I was in Santa Monica. I really wanted to stay longer, but I was afraid I would miss my bus and never get back to my hotel. Why I didn't go there another day I have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How To Increase Your Frequency

Hey guys. I hope this blog finds you well. Today I am writing about how to raise your vibrational frequency. If you are unsure what this me...