Pages

Wednesday 14 June 2017

9 Signs You Are Going To (And Should) Live A Spiritual Life

When I was a child, my dad told me he knew that I was going to live a spiritual life. And naturally as a teenager, I was somewhat rebellious and defiant. I wasn't my true self and I did not express my true interests. Perhaps because I didn't understand them. But who am I kidding? I love yoga and meditation and I care deeply about every living being on this plant. As I grow older, I only embrace this very important part of who I am more and more.

I didn't understand much about Spirituality as a child. And growing up, I didn't think that my interests or beliefs were something Spiritual. But they most definitely were. Living a Spiritual life is changing me everyday. Although it's not always easy, it has definitely given me so many benefits. I'm not going to talk about those benefits right now. Instead, I'm going to share with you signs that you are (or should be) living a Spiritual life based on my own experience.

1. You Are Intuitive 

You just know things. You don't know how you know, but you do. I remember when I was in university, I contemplated skipping class (which I often did). However, I had a feeling that I should go this time. I did, and it was a good thing as the class was presented with a pop quiz! This "knowing" may present itself to you as a good or bad feeling which pulls you in a certain direction. It's what some people call your "gut instinct" or "gut feeling". If you have ever experienced this, you may be living a Spiritual life without even realizing it.

2. You Are Empathetic

Empathy is when you actually feel what other people feel. They don't need to tell you what's going on; you don't need to put yourself in their shoes. When they cry, you cry. You can tell when someone is in a bad mood just by being near them because you can feel it too. It's not always going to be obvious that you are experiencing someone else's emotions. You may often confuse them with your own and then think of yourself as an overly emotional person. If you are an empathetic person, you should consider jumping on the Spiritual wagon!

3. You Are Concerned About The Environment

You always turn off the lights when leave a room. You never leave the water running. These behaviors may not have been encouraged by anyone. You're just aware of the world around you and that it needs to be protected. And you do.

4. You Feel Compassion For Animals

Maybe you ensure that what you buy did not affect any animals. Maybe you are vegan or vegetarian. Maybe you refuse to attend zoos and circuses. Or maybe you simply love animals and you feel some connection to them. Either way, being aware of or feeling equal to animals is deeply Spiritual, whether you realize it or not. 

5. You Want To Take Care Of Your Body

Not necessarily to lose weight, to look better, or to have more energy. You do it because you know that what you put in your body matters. Even if you don't yet understand why it matters. Not only is eating healthy a sign of Spirituality, eating well can even help you progress on your Spiritual journey.

6. You Have A Purpose

That may be art you want to share with the world; a personal story to inspire others; or knowledge and skills to help people. Maybe you do not even know what it is yet. But you know that you will create, inspire, and help. My purpose is doing this. I love writing and helping people on a deep, Spiritual level.

7. You Have Had A Calling

I remember when I decided to stop eating meat. I wasn't being influenced by anything. I just felt that I needed to stop eating it. This happened about 8 years ago and I haven't eaten meat since. I believe it was a calling. If you have ever experienced something similar, you are on your way to a Spiritual life.

8. You Crave Deep Conversations

Small talk and mindless parties can be fun for a while, but they bore you. You would rather sit with a few close friends and talk about anything from politics to religion to ghosts and aliens.

9. You Always Find Your Way Back

You may have felt like you lost interest in Spirituality. Maybe you stopped meditating or eating healthy. But for some reason, you always find your way back to it. You rely on it. You realize it is part of who you are. And when you do get back on tract, you feel Spiritually stronger.

If you have ever experienced anything from the previous list, you are probably well on your Spiritual path, even if you don't realize it. I encourage you keep going. Keep exploring.

I want to say that I don't believe that certain people are chosen to live Spiritual lives. We are all Spiritual. Or at least the potential is there. For some people, like myself, Spirituality may come a little more naturally with a little less effort. And that's OK. We are all at different places in our lives and that is a beautiful thing.

I would love to hear from ya. What prompted you to live a Spiritual life?

Namaste

Ang



No comments:

Post a Comment

How To Increase Your Frequency

Hey guys. I hope this blog finds you well. Today I am writing about how to raise your vibrational frequency. If you are unsure what this me...