Pages

Friday 16 June 2017

Why You Will Never Be Completely Free Of Anxiety

Even though I have come a long way, I still have anxiety. Or at least, I can have anxiety. Let me explain myself.

I was always a basket case growing up. I think I felt anxious more than I felt calm. But in my early 20s, I experienced a shift which is what I share on Confessions Of An Awakened Youth.

But these Spiritual practices that I follow does not mean that I am 100% anxiety free. You must know that you will never find a solution to get rid of anxiety. Why? Because some anxiety is normal. I'll explain why through example. 

Imagine that you are walking home alone at night and you see a short cut which involves walking down a dark ally. You don't get a good feeling about it and you start to feel anxious. That's good! The anxiety will prompt you to be alert or find an alternative way home. Anxiety can save your life. Why would you want to get rid of that?

 For the rest of our lives we are going to be faced with uncertainty which will involve some degree of anxiety. The good news is that you can live a more care free and happy life than an anxious life. It's how you respond to anxiety that is key.

A couple hours ago, I was faced with uncertainty and technically I still face it. What triggered my anxiety involves my job so I don't want to get into details about it. But I felt myself rise and even panic. I wanted the matter addressed ASAP and I wasn't going to relax until it has been resolved. But it's Friday evening and there isn't anyone to help me until Monday.

Do I really want to be anxious for the rest of the weekend? Am I really going to let this take me from the present moment over the next couple of days? 

No.

I took a step back and looked at the outcomes of the situation: 1. the situation is resolved in my favor and 2. the situation is not resolved in my favor. 

Obviously the first outcome is the most desirable. But it's the uncertainty of the situation that causes the anxiety. And what happens if outcome number 2 comes to fruition? Well, I'll just deal with it. The world won't end. It will be OK. It's always OK at the end of the day. I am capable and strong even to handle any situation that comes my way. And so are you. 

You must be mindful. You must be in the present moment even if (when) anxiety rears it's ugly head. 

I hope this blog helps with your anxiety. If nothing else, I hope that it encourages you be mindful and feel fearless. It's a liberating thing when you can face your anxiety.

Thanks for reading,

Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

How To Increase Your Frequency

Hey guys. I hope this blog finds you well. Today I am writing about how to raise your vibrational frequency. If you are unsure what this me...