Pages

Thursday 20 July 2017

Minimalism Guide #1 | 30 Days Of No Shopping

In my last blog I said I would upload Sundays, Wednesday, and Fridays. Today is Thursday. Oops. In all seriousness, I thought today was Wednesday. Oh well!

I haven't wrote about minimalism in a while. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not the type of minimalist where I can fit all of my belongings in a backpack. But that does not mean that I'm not a minimalist.

I do, however, have a lot less stuff than what I use to have. I sell and donate things I don't use on a regular basis and I spend a lot less time shopping.

Speaking of shopping, I'm going to tell you what really helped me have less stuff in my home.

I was organizing and getting rid of some stuff in my closet about a year ago. I remember getting really overwhelmed by the amount of things I had that I didn't use. Several garbage bags full to be exact. After I was done, I had some new clothing items to put away. It's not possible to reduce the amount of things you have if you're going to buy more. I told myself that I wasn't going to shop for the next month.

Well, a month flew by and my 30 days of no shopping was a success. And 30 days turned into 60 and then 90. Now, I rarely shop and it has really made a difference in the amount of things in my home. It's awesome.

So let's do the 30 days of no shopping together. This is great for people who are interested in becoming minimalists but don't want to part with their things. This is also useful for people who don't particularly care about minimalism but want to shop less for whatever the reason.

Here are some guidelines to follow:

1. It's OK to buy things you need such as groceries, toiletries, etc. It's also OK to buy something that breaks that you use such as your washer, phone, etc.

2. I do not recommend you go shopping with the expectation of not buying anything. It's really hard to resist temptations when you're around all this new stuff with discounted prices everywhere. If your friend asks you to go shopping, you can politely decline, tell them about your no shopping experiment, and suggest you do something else.

That's all!

What will you gain by doing this challenge? More space, more money, and more time to do whatever you want.

I know the 20th of July is a weird time to start this challenge but I don't believe you need the 1st of a month to make a fresh start.

I will check back with you August 20th with another minimalism guide.

Good luck!

Ang

I wrote a blog on tips to help you shop less. It may help you on this challenge:
https://confessionsofanawakenedyouth.blogspot.ca/2017/05/tips-that-i-use-to-shop-less.html

Here is another article about Minimalism if you're interested in learning more:
https://confessionsofanawakenedyouth.blogspot.ca/2017/04/minimalism-unplugged.html

And check out my previous blog here:
https://confessionsofanawakenedyouth.blogspot.ca/2017/07/does-your-job-give-you-anxiety-dont.html

I would appreciate if you subscribed. The subscription button is on the top right hand side. Also, if you click the icon the furthest to the right, you can follow my social medias (Instagram and Twitter).


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How To Increase Your Frequency

Hey guys. I hope this blog finds you well. Today I am writing about how to raise your vibrational frequency. If you are unsure what this me...