Pages

Tuesday 25 April 2017

If You're Tired Of Treating Acne With Diet... Read This.

I started to get mild to moderate cystic acne in my early 20s. I always intended to treat it with pharmaceuticals but I was indecisive about what route I should take. I didn't want to take antibiotics as it would render my birth control ineffective. I also didn't want to switch birth control because the one that I was using was working well. Fast forward today, about 4 years later, and I am no longer taking birth control nor did I take pharmaceuticals. My acne has improved significantly and for the most part, it is none existent.

What did I do to improve the condition of my skin? I decided to take a non-traditional (or perhaps more traditional depending on how you look at it) method. I spent literally years researching how diet can worsen and improve acne. There are so many people on the internet who claim that their acne disappeared when they went vegan, or eliminated dairy, or drank more water, and the list goes on and on. It's overwhelming.

Initially when I started making dietary changes, I honestly did not notice any improvements in my skin. I would do more research, watch another video, and do what these people did in a desperate attempt to clear my face. I became really passionate about healing the body through foods and yet I wasn't seeing any results. It was really frustrating. Why is it so difficult for me?

One day I got so overwhelmed with the condition of my skin. I needed peace. I needed something. So meditated and I came to a realization. What was the point of eliminating soy from diet when I only ate it a few times a month? Why should I drink more water when I already drink 2-3 liters a day? So is there something I'm consuming on a daily basis that is affecting my skin? There was and it was foods like bread and pasta. Wheat. I was a vegetarian but I wasn't necessarily health conscious. I ate so much bread, sandwiches, pizza, subs, and pasta. I cut back on those food groups and lo and behold, the cystic acne almost instantly stopped.

I'm not writing this blog to tell you that you must stop eating wheat if you want to clear your skin. What I'm saying is that there is so much information out there. You can search forever and never find a solution that works. This is because our bodies are so different. But I do believe that we intuitively know the answers when we look within and listen to our bodies.

If you are struggling to find a cure for your acne, I will tell you this. Yes there is a "cure". Center yourself. Breathe. Ask for a direction. Pay attention. Really listen. Keeping moving and you will see results.

I have a lot of experience with acne and managing it holistically. Although it's a pain, I do not regret it nor do I hate. I learned a lot from it. I plan on sharing those experiences with you at another time.

Take care of your beautiful body.

Angie


P.S. no, this is not a picture of me : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

How To Increase Your Frequency

Hey guys. I hope this blog finds you well. Today I am writing about how to raise your vibrational frequency. If you are unsure what this me...