Pages

Sunday 30 April 2017

What I Ate Today (As a struggling vegan)

Vegetarianism came easy to me. Veganism... not so much. I think we can all agree that it can be difficult. We are so accustomed to certain foods not to mention the lack of vegan-friendly restaurants.

But veganism is important to me and I will keep getting back on the wagon.

I was off today and I ate healthy and vegan. I feel great physically and mentally! I would like to keep eating this way and document what I ate and how I felt. It helps keep me motivated and perhaps I can inspire and help others who our on a similar journey.

Breakfast

Breakfast has always been the easiest for me. I consistently keep it healthy. This morning I drank about a liter of water. I put frozen, organic berries in my water the night before so I woke up to fruity flavored water. After, I made a smoothie as I usually do. This one had a banana, some frozen pineapple, vegan vanilla protein powder, chia seeds, and a wheat grass blend which has many greens in a powder format. I usually prefer the actual vegetable but it is hard to come by good quality greens where I live this time of year.

Lunch

I had more berry flavored water and then I made a green smoothie. This one had apples, lemon, celery, spinach and chia seeds. I also made trail mix which had almonds, raw cashews, and raisins.

I usually eat more than this but I had breakfast rather late so I wasn't really hungry. This was more of a snack.

Dinner

Again, I drank my berry water. Then I made a fantastic Buddha bowl that I'm sure you have seen all over the internet. I believe the formal for these are: a fat, a protein, a gain, and vegetables. I used avocado and olives for my fat. Quinoa for my grain and chickpeas for my protein. I also had stir fried mushroom and cauliflower and raw kimchi. I added some seasoning like soy sauce, nutritional yeast, cayenne, and salt and pepper. It was one of hardiest meals I have eaten in a while! I loved it and I will definitely be making it again.

How do I feel?

It's 9:20P. I only had cravings after I had my dinner. I had a couple of errands to run after I ate and I assumed the cravings would be gone when I got back. When I came back about 45 minutes later, I still felt like I wanted to eat something. I got a cup of kumbucha green tea and my cravings subsided significantly.

I don't think I'm done eating. Me and boyfriend are going to watch a movie tonight. I figured it would be a better idea to prepare as opposed to try to resist my cravings and risk failing. I picked up some veggie chips that I will have with homemade guacamole and dark chocolate. I hate dark chocolate but I'm determined! Wish me luck : ) LOL!

I wish you peace and health,

Angie


No comments:

Post a Comment

How To Increase Your Frequency

Hey guys. I hope this blog finds you well. Today I am writing about how to raise your vibrational frequency. If you are unsure what this me...